Round trip 23 days trans-Sulawesi
Round trip 23 days trans-Sulawesi from south to north
This trip has a perfect mix of nature, beach and culture. The journey departs from Makassar to Manado at a leisurely pace. A trip straight through the island of Sulawesi. Along the impressive and unique culture of the Toraja people, through beautiful lakes, mountains, rainforests, waterfalls, white beaches and by boat to the underwater world of the enchanting National Marine park Bunaken.
When you travel with a guide, he has your full attention and explains the country and its customs. If you travel without a guide, your driver will be fine with everything, but he is not a guide, generally speaks no or poor English or Dutch and will usually stay with the car to fit your suitcases.
Those who choose this beautiful trip should take into account sometimes beautiful but long travel days. In the Sulawesi countryside, only simple accommodation that matches the surroundings is available.
This roundtrip is a sample how your trip could look like. The target prices are based on middle class hotels. Our Indonesia experts are happy to help you tailormade your trip to your demands.
Targetprice € 2.835 p.p. in low season based on participation of 2 persons
Targetprice € 3.205 p.p. in high season based on participation of 2 persons
Included and excluded
• Intercontinental and domestic flights Amsterdam-Makassar, Palu-Manado and Manado-Amsterdam
• Accommodation based on bed and breakfast
• English-speaking guide 3 days Toraja and 2 days Doda valley, Tomohon, Tangkoko rainforest and Bunaken
• Lunches and dinners in Doda valley and in Thalassa resort, Manado
• All specified excursions
- English-speaking guide on other days
• Tips and personal expenses
• Travel and cancellation insurances
• Booking fee and contribution Calamiteitenfonds €30 per booking