3 days orang-utangs Camp Leakey Kalimantan
A tour full of adventure:
Jungle, boat and orang utans are the highlights of the three-day tour through central Kalimantan or Indonesian Borneo. You travel and stay overnight on a 'Klotok', a simple boat on the river through the jungle to the orangutan rehabilitation centre Camp Leakey in National Park Tanjung Puting.
Overnight stays on the Klotok deck: on mattresses under a mosquito net.
€ 370 p.p. based on 4 participants
- Transfers according to itinerary
- Stay on Klotok for 2 nights on a full board basis
- Water, coffee and tea on board
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees and donations
- Flight tickets
- Other meals
- Alcoholic drinks and other drinks
- Personal expenses and tips
- Travel and cancellation insurances
- Booking costs and Calamiteitenfonds contribution € 30 per booking
- SGR contribution € 5 per person
- CO2 compensation € 22 per person
Day 1 Arrival Pangkalan Bun, aboard the Klotok
Day 2 to Camp Leakey
Day 3 Farewell to the orang utans
Klotok (boat) in Kalimantan
The Klotok owes its name to the sound of the engine, klotok-klotok-klotok ... The accommodation is very simple, you sleep on deck on mattresses and under a mosquito net. Besides the captain, there is a sailor / cook on board who will make your stay on the Klotok as comfortable as possible. Sanitary is less than minimal. meer info more info Informations supplémentaires
Pangkalan BunPangkalanbun is the starting place for your tour to the Tanjung Puting reserve, the orangutan reserve and optionally the Dayak villages.
Pangkalabun has several daily flights to Jakarta, Semarang, Surabaya and some cities in Kalimantan.